LTAT is committed in implementing 5S as a workplace management method and a part of quality environment management system aimed for a more systematic cleanliness management program.
5S is abbreviated from the Japanese word Seiri, Seiton, Seiso, Seiketsu and Shitsuke which means Sorting, Stabilizing or Straightening Out, Sweeping or shining, Standardizing and Sustaining.
5S Practices is the most effective techniques to create a continuous improvement culture or Kaizen in LTAT. Participation and commitment is required from all levels of staff in the organization in ensuring that the program is successfully implemented.
5S Practices are the basic fundamentals for effective quality and productivity enhancement to LTAT:
- To create a quality and productive working environment;
- Resulting a clean, tidy and safe workplace;
- Putting forward more creative and innovative ideas by all the staff for improvement as well as solving problems;
- To create a highly performing employees which are more disciplined and ethical;
- To create a more easier, efficient and safer operation at workplace;
- To inculcate excellence work culture and values; and
- To become the pride of all the employees and to enhance the image of LTAT.